Laurie Battaglia is CEO of Aligned at Work and her personal mission is to wake up leaders of organizations who think they can delay inevitable change. She is a futurist, a strategist, and a connector of people and resources. She believes in balancing people and profit in business for a sustainable future.
A lot of times we think in terms of our teams needing either leadership training or diversity training when in reality they are the same thing. Great leaders must have an eye on diversity and inclusion because people coming into the workforce expect that. It’s no longer a “nice to have.” It must be integrated into the workplace.
So in this episode we’re talking about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and how it intersects with leadership and management.
What you will learn …
- It’s about more than hiring diverse people; it’s about including them.
- How inclusion has evolved into belonging
- What is JEDI (and it has nothing to do with Star Wars!)
- How you can become a JEDI leader in your organization
- Why it’s important to have experiences, be an observer, before you have an opinion
Resources mentioned in episode:
Belonging At Work: Everyday Actions You Can Take to Cultivate an Inclusive Organization by Rhodes Perry, MPA
Yes, You Can Talk About Mental Health at Work: Here’s Why … and How to Do it Really Well by Melissa Doman, MA
Belonging At Work Summit (online DEI event):